The smartphone market has become paramount as the world becomes ever more reliant on technology and social media. From monitoring the weather to checking on your schedule to playing games and taking selfies, they are becoming an integral part of our lives. It’s not news that more people in the U.S. use their phones than ever. In a survey by Pew Research Center published in April 2013, about 69% of Americans owned a smartphone compared to 43% that held a cell phone only one year before the study.
According to research firm Gartner Inc., nearly 1 out of every two smartphones sold in the United States came from Apple, with its iPhone taking up 33% of all the sales, which tracks IT spending and related trends.
Smartphone Technology Trends
One of the most exciting trends in smartphone technology is the rise of augmented reality (AR). AR allows users to see digital objects in the real world. For example, you can see a virtual statue come to life in your living room by using an AR app.
Another trend that is changing our lives is artificial intelligence (AI)… For example, you can use an AI app to order food from a restaurant without speaking to a human server.
Other significant smartphone technology trends include biometric authentication and mobile payments. Biometric authentication uses your personal information (such as your fingerprint) to access your account or device. Mobile payments allow you to pay for goods and services with your smartphone instead of cash or credit cards.
These are just some of the many exciting trends in smartphone technology. As more and more people adopt smartphones, there will be even more changes in how we live our lives.
What’s the Deal with the New Smartphone?
The new smartphone technology trends are changing our lives in ways we never thought possible.
- Augmented Reality: We can see information overlaid in our real-world environment. This includes things like Facebook posts and photos appearing in our view as if they’re there.
- Face Recognition: With face recognition, we can unlock our phones simply by looking at them. This is a significant security improvement over traditional passwords and PINs.
- Voice Recognition: We can now use voice recognition to interact with our smartphones, just like a computer. This means we can easily access our apps and settings without using our phones or typing in passwords.
- Virtual Reality: With virtual reality, we can enter another world and experience different scenes or games firsthand. This is a popular way to escape the mundane reality of everyday life.
5 Significant Smartphone Technology Trends
- Augmented Reality
- Artificial Intelligence
- 5G Technology
- Crypto currency
- Self-Driving Cars
Pros and Cons of the New Smart Device
Smartphones’ popularity has led to new technology trends that are changing our lives. Some of these trends are good, while others are not so good. Here are some of the most popular smartphone technology trends transforming our lives.
- Augmented Reality: Augmented reality (AR) is a digital reality that uses computer-generated images to overlay reality. This is done using devices such as glasses or phones to project virtual images onto real-life objects. For example, you can use AR to see directions on a map while walking.
Some people think AR is a positive trend because it allows us to interact with the world in new ways. Others believe AR can be dangerous because it can lead to people losing their balance and getting hurt.
- Virtual Reality: Virtual reality (VR) is another type of digital reality that uses computer-generated images to create an experience where you feel like you are inside a different environment. This can be done using devices such as headsets or computers. VR has been used in gaming and entertainment for years, but it is now used in other areas, such as industrial design, education, medicine, and more. VR is one of the most popular areas of research in the field of computer graphics. It will be interesting to see where this area develops over time.
- Augmented Reality: AR is similar to VR because it creates a digital experience for users by merging computer technology with reality. However, it does not use images, or video like VR does; instead, it uses information such as text and data to create the experience.
Here are some ways that people are beginning to use AR:
- Augmented Reality in Gaming: Gaming is another area where AR has already been used extensively. Take the popular game Angry Birds on your iPhone or Android phone. These games show natural world settings that appear on screen at certain times and can be interacted with. This is a form of Augmented Reality technology.
- Augmented Reality in Education: In primary education, Augmented Reality has been used extensively. This is especially true for teachers who want to be able to pull up educational content or resources, videos, or images when they need them. They can make these available to the students by using AR technology, even though they may not physically be present in the classroom.
- Marketing Online: You might also see applications that allow you to virtually try on clothes or accessories online before buying them in real life – this is an example of how you can use AR for marketing purposes.
We’ve all heard that smartphones are transforming our lives and changing how we communicate, work, learn, and play. But have you heard about other notable new smartphone technology trends taking over? From self-driving cars to virtual reality, there’s truly something for everyone on this list. So whether you’re curious about what these technologies are all about or whether you’re already using them regularly, be sure to check them out!